Additional Measures to deal with the Pandemic
The Mayor of Limassol, Nicos Nicolaides, convened an extraordinary session during which the Municipal Council discussed actions and measures to deal with the current situation. It was decided to reinforce the Municipality’s staff for a more effective monitoring, in cooperation with the police and state health services. Furthermore, additional measures have been decided to support all other measures already in force. These measures are as follows:
1. Intensification of disinfectant spraying in both municipal and public areas as well as areas that constitute focus of transmission of the virus (e.g. bus stops, waste bins, etc.)
2. Suspension of operation of playgrounds located at the Embankment (Molos), the Municipal Garden and the public squares of Anagennisi and Filellinon.
3. Measures to regulate pedestrian traffic at the Embankment (Molos) with signage and a dividing strip.
4. Very strict measures and meticulous supervision of all open to the public events of the Municipality and adherence to the standards provided in the relevant protocols.
5. Very strict monitoring of outdoor markets.
The Municipality of Limassol clarifies that it is monitoring the situation very closely and depending on the developments, the Municipality will take the appropriate measures in consultation with the competent services.
The Municipal Council is calling for responsibility and solidarity in order to prevent the spread of the virus.