Ayiou Andreou & Karaiskaki street
Tel. : 25362155
Working Hours – Days
8.30 a.m – 1.30 p.m / 3.00 p.m – 5.30 p.m
Thursday 8.00 a.m – 1.30 p.m
- People entering the library must leave their personal belongings, such as briefcases, bags and packets, where the Librarian points. They must collect them upon their departure. The Library has no responsibility regarding any loss or damage of a person’s property within the Library’s premises.
- The user is responsible for any loss or damage of the Library’s material or equipment and must fully compensate for it.
- It is forbidden to display any posters or leaflets in the Library premises without the approval by the library staff.
- The Librarian is fully authorized to ask a person to leave the premises in case they don’t comply with the Library’s rules.
- People have access to Library provided that they comply to the rules and decisions of the administration.
- It must be completely quiet in the library.
- Smoking is forbidden in all the library rooms.
- Users must present an Identity Card, or a driver’s license or a passport in order to borrow books.
- Readers are allowed to bring their own books or any other informative material for personal study.
- Every Library reader is allowed to borrow up to three books. The number can be increased only under certain cases and with the authorization of the Librarian. Magazines and reference books can not be borrowed.
- Books can be borrowed for a period of two weeks with the right for renewal for another two, unless the same book has been requested by another reader or user.
- Books which are borrowed must be returned to the Library within the time limit.
- Books are returned to the library only and handed in to the person in charge.
- A member of the library who borrows books should examine them before stepping away from the counter and inform the Librarian about any damage. Otherwise he may be considered as responsible for any damage noticed upon the return of the books to the library.
- The user will fully compensate for any loss or damage of material or equipment caused by him.
- For each book published in Cyprus three copies are bought from the author or the publisher of the book.
- The material ordered is chosen by the Library forming a balanced, modern and useful collection aiming at the public’s service.
- Donations of books or small collections (books, magazines) are accepted only by the Director of the Library.
- The Library has the right to make use of any donation in any appropriate way.
- The Library is available to the public on specific days and hours set by the administration and displayed in central places.